SANZAR, the controlling body for Super Rugby, has released a guide to provide clarity of the organisation's investigation of incidents of foul play and reporting timelines.
Citing process and Timelines:
1. Teams have four hours post match to request in writing for the Citing Commissioner to review an incident of foul play.
2. The SANZAR Citing Commissioners have 12 hours post match to review any incidents from the match via broadcast footage and or additional angles of an incident if available.
3. The Citing Commissioner may request additional information on an incident such as:
* Written reports from the Match Referee and his Assistant Referees
* Written testimony from a player(s)
* Medical report from a team doctor
* Any additional angles the team may have of the incident that are not provided by the host broadcaster
The Citing Process following review of an incident has one of three outcomes:
* No further Action
* Issue of "Off-field" Yellow Card
* Cite the player
In the first instance when a player has been cited or has received a Red Card the matter will be reviewed by the Duty Judicial Officer.
Should a matter be referred to a full Judicial Hearing the hearing will take place via video conference at a pre-determined time as set by SANZAR taking into account the time taken by the above process and travel schedules of the teams.
Please note following the issue of a White Card, the incident will be investigated by the Citing Commissioner using the above-mentioned process and timeline, and if no formal notification is released following 12 hours after the match, then the matter is to receive no further action and an update will be provided by SANZAR in the weekly Judicial Wrap posted on the website.
The following announcements will be made by SANZAR:
* Notification of a judicial hearing following a Red Card: Within 8 Hours post match.
* Notification of an "Off-field" Yellow Card: Within 12 Hours post match.
* Notification of a citing: Within 12 Hours post match.
* Notification of a formal Judicial Hearing following a citing: As soon as practical.
* Notification of an Appeal: As soon as practical.
* Notification of a Misconduct Hearing: As soon as practical.
Gilbert has released a new line of rugby cleats. The Gilbert Virtuo 8S is part of the exciting new product. Check it out.
The entire All Blacks apparel line has been updated for 2013/14. Check out the New Zealand All Blacks polo.
The Nike Tiempo is a solid rugby cleat and one of few styles still made from full-grain natural leather.
The Gilbert Blitz 8S rugby cleat is a great cleat at a great price of $69.99. Get a new pair of cleats today.
A cool looking all black rugby cleat with the high performance adidas is known for. Get in the Gear!
Wear the crest of the British and Irish Lions on your t-shirt. A great look for the summer.
The All Blacks Performance t-shirt is black with hints of blue from the training jersey. Very Cool.
The New Zealand All Blacks training jersey for 2013/14. Get in the Gear!
The USA Rugby Pro Alternate rugby jersey is perfect for any fan of the Eagles. Get yours to wear during the summer Test matches.
The NEW All Blacks 2013/14 jersey has arrived at World Rugby Shop. Dare to wear the colors of the All Blacks.